NIHR Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB)- new Social Care call launched 9th May
This initiative seeks to fund high quality research ideas which come from the front line of social care, and to support partnerships between social care researchers and practitioners.
This applies across a wide spectrum of topic areas for research, which has the potential to improve adult social care practice.
It will be open to universities, local authorities and NHS bodies or other providers of NHS services in England with individual project awards up to £350,000 available.
Applications addressing areas of social care including, but not limited to, the following would be welcomed by the Programme:
- Transitions and interactions between health and social care and other systems
- Transition from children’s to adult care services
- Health and social care inequalities
- Transitions between self-funded and local authority-funded care
- ‘Unmet’ social care needs
- New models of care
- Self–funders and their families
- End-of-life care
- Housing and employment related support
- Family carers, unpaid carers and carer support
- Social care practice and workforce
- Social prescribing and other approaches to working, such as strengths- and assets-based approaches
- Economic analyses of social care services and systems
- Interventions to help tackle loneliness and isolation
The call closes on 4 July 2018.
All supporting information can be found here.