The NIHR 28 day rule for publications
The NIHR require that any paper/article that acknowledges NIHR is sent to the relevant coordinating centre 28 days before it is due to be published. This rule is to ensure the DH is aware of any issues that may arise in the press, and that the NIHR (and the funding programme) has been properly referenced.
We need, therefore, for researchers to send any publication that acknowledges CLAHRC to our core team at CLAHRCoffice@cpft.nhs.uk, 28 priors to it being published. This is most easily achieved by sending the article / paper to us at the same time as submitting it to a journal for consideration.
We keep a record of this and forward the paper onto the NIHR as required.
This applies to:
- Any publication that involves part or whole funding from CLAHRC EoE (or CLAHRC CP). Such papers will need to include the following acknowledgement and disclaimer;
“This article/paper/report presents independent research funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research & Care (CLAHRC) East of England, at Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust. The views expressed are those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of the NHS, the NIHR or the Department of Health and Social Care.”
- Any publication where you have acknowledged CLAHRC in any other way e.g. not funded by CLAHRC but where an author or authors have been listed as being part of CLAHRC.
For any queries about this, please email us at CLAHRCoffice@cpft.nhs.uk.
- Invitation to tender for the provision of evaluation services, Eastern AHSN
- Award: celebrating patient and public involvement in mental health research
- HSRUK Conference: Call open for Abstracts and Sessions
- Applications invited for NIHR HS&DR funding call on research in nursing and care homes
- Organization for Autism Research (OAR) – Applied Research Competition