- To develop and conduct applied health research that is relevant across the NHS, and to translate research findings into improved outcomes for patients.
- To create a distributed model for the conduct and application of applied health research that links those who conduct applied health research with all those who use it in practice across the health community.
- To create and embed approaches to research and its dissemination that are specifically designed to take account of the way that health care is delivered across the local Academic Health Science Network.
- To increase the country’s capacity to conduct high quality applied health research focused on the needs of patients and targeted at chronic health conditions and public health interventions.
- To improve patient outcomes locally and across the wider NHS.
- To contribute to the country’s growth by working with the life sciences industry.
- We are a learning organisation first and foremost.
- We tackle complex issues, working to bring benefits to people at risk through better quality care, making a profound difference to their lives.
- We are an inclusive organisation; we rely on our stakeholders to help shape research questions, and to work with us in the co-production of peer-reviewed research evidence.
- We build trusting relationships with our stakeholders, enabling them to be critical friends.
- We use our research funds in the most cost-efficient way, getting the best value for money.
- We achieve impact by embedding research, and implementing best evidence, in health and social care services