The NIHR is marking International Clinical Trials Day (ICTD) on 20 May for the third year running. The ‘Ok to ask’ campaign calls on patients and carers to ask their doctor about NHS research they can take part in.
This year the campaign includes:
- a set of promotional materials including leaflets, badges, stickers and foam hands which are available to order now
- widespread social media activity on Facebook and Twitter in the build-up to International Clinical Trials Day through the NIHR Twitter and OK to ask Facebook page
- OK to ask hour – on Twitter using the #oktoaskhour in the run up to International Clinical Trials day.
Expert guest panellists will be available each week to answer any research related questions people ask of them. The following specialty areas will be covered:
- Stroke (Wednesday 29 April, 8-9pm)
- Dementias and neurodegeneration (Wednesday 6 May, 8-9pm)
- Mental health (Wednesday 13 May, 8-9pm)