Health Research Authority (HRA) Approval webinars
The NIHR Clinical Research Network (CRN) has conducted a number of webinars in March 2016, which aim to help gain a better understanding of HRA Approval* and its impact.
These webinars include the following (which can be accessed by clicking on the red title):
- Health Research Authority (HRA) Approval – what it means for research in the NHS: designed for the NHS research community. It explores the new HRA Approval process, its implementation and how the organisations are working together to improve the clinical research environment. Presenters: NIHR CRN Research Delivery Director Dr Clare Morgan and HRA Chief Executive Janet Wisely
- HRA Approval – collaboration between sponsors and sites: explains how sponsors and sites need to work together when setting up HRA Approval studies. Presenter: Dr Janet Messer | Director of Research Systems, Standards & HRA Approval Programme
- HRA Approval – what is it and how do I apply?: explains what HRA Approval is and how to apply for HRA Approval using IRAS. Presenter: Dr Janet Messer | Director of Research Systems, Standards & HRA Approval Programme
- NIHR CRN processes for HRA Approval: explains the role of the CRN in supporting sponsors and sites when setting up HRA Approval studies. Presenter: Laura Bousfield – Study Start-Up Manager | CRN National Coordinating Centre
* HRA Approval is the new process for the NHS in England, set-up to simplify the approvals process for research. It brings together the assessment of governance and legal compliance, with REC opinion provided through the UK research ethics service. It replaces the need for local checks of legal compliance and related matters by each participating organisation in England (e.g. each NHS Trust(s) you are conducting research in). It effectively eliminates the previous use of duplicate application routes.