CLAHRC East of England (EoE) are seeking a Co-Chair for our Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Coordinating Group
We are committed to ensuring that the public, patients, carers and service users are integral to our work, and play an active role as partners. To support this, we would like to appoint a public representative as Co-chair to the CLAHRC Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Coordinating Group. This group will be responsible for driving initiatives and activities to meet the aims and objectives of our PPI strategy, and supporting collaborative working in PPI.
We are seeking to recruit a member of the public, patient or carer who has a keen interest in:
- health related research and PPI
- how CLAHRC partners can work together to raise awareness of PPI
- how we can support both the public and researchers to deliver PPI throughout the whole research process.
We are looking for an individual who:
- has experience of chairing or co-chairing meetings
- is able to lead and effectively manage discussions and be willing to challenge where appropriate
- is aware of CLAHRC, but has had minimal involvement to date
- has an understanding of the importance of applied health and social care research, and embedding PPI in the research process
- is committed to supporting the development of strategic PPI in health research across the East of England
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to bring fresh ideas and perspectives around PPI in research to CLAHRC EoE.
For further information and how to apply, please click on the PPI Co-chair role description
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Friday 2nd September
Interview date: Wednesday 22nd September, at Douglas House
Support and contact:
Support for the role will be provided by Lorna Jacobs, (Senior Programme Support Officer and PPI Lead for CLAHRC EoE core), and an induction will be provided. Time for preparation and participation in meetings, plus all reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred as part of your work for the group, will be reimbursed in line with Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust policy (the host Trust of CLAHRC EoE).
If you have questions about the role and applying, please contact: Lorna Jacobs on Tel: 01223 746148 or Email: Lorna.Jacobs@cpft.nhs.uk