‘Q’ INITIATIVE – Connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK
Q is a national initiative led by the Health Foundation and is supported by NHS Improvement. Q’s mission is to foster continuous and sustainable improvement in health and care by creating opportunities for people to come together to form a community by sharing ideas, enhancing skills and collaborating on improvement projects.
The Q community will become a community of thousands of people to include those at the frontline of health and social care, patient leaders, managers, policymakers and others. Q is a long term initiative and the model for Q will continue to evolve – being shaped as the community grows.
Benefits – members of Q will:
- Participate flexibly with no minimum time commitment and no membership fee
- Join a diverse community of other improvers – a ‘home’ to turn to for inspiration and support
- Learn, share and get advice from a network of peers
- Receive support with current improvement work to enhance and complement local initiatives and networks
- Participate in ongoing development to promote visibility as a leader of improvement
- Access online learning resources, attend networking events and other activities
How to join Q
Opportunities to join Q will be phased across different parts of the UK. The Health Foundation will partner with Academic Health Science Networks to lead the recruitment process.
People in the region will be able to apply to join Q from May 2017.
For more information on how to join the Q Initiative click here.