Research Associate position available at the Centre for Behaviour Change (Maternity Cover)
An opening exists for an experienced and enthusiastic Research Associate to cover nine months maternity leave leading the behavioural science input to the five year programme of research, ‘Developing and trialling the DAFNEplus (Dose for Adjustment for Normal Eating) intervention: A lifelong approach to promote effective self-management in adults with type 1 diabetes’. Funded by the NIHR, this multi-site research programme is led by Professor Simon Heller in Sheffield with a multidisciplinary team of researchers, clinicians and educators.
The post is responsible for:
- reviewing and evaluating the self-management objectives and methods of the current DAFNE curriculum in the light of current evidence about effective self-management training, advances in behavioural science and new technologies to support behaviour and behaviour change,
- working with other researchers, clinicians and educators to incorporate the findings into a revised curriculum building on new advances and tailored to the current clinical context,
- contributing to the piloting of DAFNEplus,
- helping to develop training for the DAFNEplus educators and
- leading the assessment of the fidelity of delivery of the intervention evaluated in an RCT.
The post requires proactive engagement and the ability to communicate effectively with people from a wide range of clinical and research backgrounds.
For full information and to apply, please click here.