Biomedical Campus PhD Mentoring Scheme
Application Deadline: 09:00am on Thursday, 25th of January 2018
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPdA) is launching a new mentoring scheme at the Biomedical Campus between 3rd and 4th year PhD students and postdocs. The scheme offers individualised matching between a mentee (PhD student) and a mentor (postdoc) drawn from outside their core research area.
The scheme will focus on Developmental Mentoring, where two people at different points of their careers work together and create solutions and action plans for successful career progression and personal development. Mentors can also benefit from increased self-reflection on their role and development of effective skills as a group leader.
- Both mentors and mentees receive training – 12-2pm on 26 January for Postdocs at the Postdoc Centre @ Biomedical Campus, 12-2pm on 6 February for PhD students at the Postdoc Centre @ Biomedical Campus
- Mentors and mentees meet 4-6 times over a one-year period
- Meetings and their contents are driven by the mentee
- All meetings are confidential
- Both mentors and mentees are required to attend a 2-hour lunchtime training session
- Meetings between mentors and mentees last 30-60 minutes
- Mentors: Postdocs working at the Cambridge Biomedical Campus
- Mentees: 3rd & 4th year PhD students working at the Cambridge Biomedical CampusIf you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
To find out more, please see the OPdA website