ADAPT TO LEAD 2018
ADAPT to Lead is an exciting course for postdoctoral clinical academics that will help participants to understand and develop their personal leadership style and build a successful foundation for an independent research career. UCL has developed this unique course in coordination with SLASH Knowledge Exchange and Enterprise to help inspire, create and support the next generation of clinical academic leaders to lead with authenticity and resilience.
All postdoctoral clinical academics in the UK are eligible to apply. The application deadline is Friday, 27 April 2018.
WHEN: w/c 4 JUNE – w/c 23 JULY (8 weeks)
TIME COMMITMENT: 3 hours per week (on Monday mornings)
WHERE: UCL campus in London
WHAT WILL IT BE LIKE?
ADAPT to Lead is an experiential learning course and will involve lots of moving and very little sitting! You will be eased out of your comfort zone in a friendly, supportive and confidential environment to practice new ways of interacting, engaging, and leading Using techniques distilled from elite performing artists, this course will enable you to:
• Be comfortable interacting with anyone
• Express your ideas with integrity
• Lead any group with a strong, unifying goal
• Create a culture of teamwork
• Have the confidence to change course
ADAPT to Lead is facilitated by Gregory Thompson, an award winning theatre director and UCL creative entrepreneur in residence. Gregory has directed for the Royal Shakespeare Company and the Young Vic.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
The application deadline is Friday 27 April 2018. To apply you will need to submit the following via an online form:
• Your CV (max. 2 pages)
• Confirm that you currently have supervisory/line-management responsibilities for at least one person.
• Letter of support from your head of department.
• Personal statement (max. 500 words) describing your personal view of how teamwork and leadership happens. This is deliberately open ended, so have fun with it!
Please see the UCL SLMS Academic Careers Office website for details on how to apply: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/slms/aco/ema/adapt/adapt-to-lead
The course is free for clinical academic researchers at UCL and £700 for external clinical academic scientists. Please contact Felipe Fouto (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the UCL Academic Careers Office for any questions.