Introducing ‘Dementia Researcher’ website
Earlier this year, a brand-new website for early career researchers working in the field of dementia was launched.
It was driven by the need to support emerging talent and increase the number of dementia researchers in the UK, as part of the Government’s Dementia 2020 implementation plan. At the office of the NIHR National Director for Dementia Research (NDDR), several workshops were held with this community, to understand how to successfully support them on their journey. Feedback indicated that a website that allowed them to network, collaborate and develop their ideas across their institutions, funding streams and area of focus would be a great place to start.
The Dementia Researcher website brings together lots of useful content and timely information in one place – making it easier for early career researchers to find just what they’re looking for.
Once a user has registered, they can have access to a range of great benefits:
- Find – all the latest jobs and funding opportunities in dementia research
- Search – for workshops, training and events
- Support & resources – everything from producing a grant proposal to a selection of great podcasts
- Careers – advice and tips from other researchers and interactive tools providing career guidance
- Community – stay in touch with other early career researchers on our forums and messenger service
You will need to register to have full access to the site, but it only takes a couple of minutes. Register here