Clinical masterclasses: Participation in CYP Mental Health
- 22 Jan 2019 10 am – 12 noon: Young Minds office, London
- 7 Feb 2019 2.30 pm – 4.30 pm: Online webinar
- 21 Feb 2019 10 am – 12 noon: Young Minds office, London
- 28 Feb 2019 2.30 pm – 4.30 pm: Online webinar
Join YoungMinds either through a webinar or in their offices for their new free training course starting in January and February 2019 – tailored to clinicians working with children, young people and families to develop their knowledge, skills and competencies around young people’s participation.
These will be led by Dr Lucy McGregor and a young person – who are both active and passionate about young people’s voices being heard at all levels of the mental health system.
Through interactive exercises and discussion in just two hours you will:
- Gain an overview of young people’s participation within mental health settings.
- Develop your knowledge and skills in relation to how young people’s participation can advance your practice.
- Develop your understanding of participation from young people’s perspectives.
- Consider clinicians’ roles and responsibilities in relation to participation. This includes how participation connects with and can be supported and developed in relation to your role.
- Be given a safe facilitation space to consider any issues, concerns and reservations around the participation of young people, such as in your practice and service.
A certificate which may be used for continuing professional development will be issued on completion.
Find out more and sign-up now on the YoungMinds Eventbrite page
Funded and supported by NHS England, Amplified is a four year programme delivered by YoungMinds, in partnership with NEL Commissioning Support Unit, to support and build participation in every part of children and young people’s mental health systems. This includes the participation of children, young people and families at all levels of decision making in individual care to the commissioning, design and delivery of mental health services.