Clinical Advisor for the “Every Mind Matters” public health campaign – role at Public Health England
Do you understand the challenges and opportunities of influencing mental health at population level?
Are you enthusiastic about the opportunity to use social marketing to improve the public’s mental health?
Public Health England (PHE) is seeking to commission a Psychiatrist, Clinical Psychologist, or other clinically qualified specialist to provide clinical advice and assurance on strategies and materials for public mental health campaigns. The focus of this role will be further development of the “Every Mind Matters” adult public health campaign (currently being piloted in the Midlands). This campaign focusses on improving mental health literacy and self-care activity, and activity is likely to include:
- Supporting discussions on campaign strategy and approach from a clinical perspective
- Translating public mental health advice into marketing and communication materials grounded in scientific evidence
- Reviewing a range of campaign materials for clinical accuracy and clinical risk
- Close collaboration with the campaign team within PHE as well as senior staff within NHS England
- Membership of the campaigns’ Expert Advisory Group
- Advice to support evaluation of marketing activities (as required).
The ideal candidate will:
- be a skilled and effective clinical leader who is recognised as an expert by clinical and academic colleagues
- have a minimum 10 years practising as a fully qualified professional in the UK
- has experience of working on projects communicating with the public on mental health
- be able to make timely balanced, evidence based, clinically sound decisions based on both your own skill, knowledge and expertise and through seeking the views and
perspectives of relevant peers
For more information about the role, eligibility, requirements and personnel specification, please see the Role Description
The deadline for Expressions of Interest is 5pm on Friday 31st December 2018.