Capacity and Capability in Health and Social Care Research
The following organisations offer capacity building initiatives within the Eastern Region:
- Addenbrookes Charitable Trust (ACT): The Cambridge Clinical Research Fellowships scheme offers intensive research training in an exceptional environment and provides an entry point into a career in clinical academia. It provides salary support and a consumable allowance for up to one year during which time it is anticipated that successful candidates will apply for nationally competitive fellowships, with a view to completing a PhD.
- Council for Allied Health Professions Research (CAHPR): CAHPR run a range of activities to support allied health proffesionals (AHPs) such as small award schemes, events and mentoring.
- National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Academy : There are a wide range of NIHR training and career development awards available at different levels and accessible by different professional backgrounds. These awards are all managed by the NIHR Academy and comprise both personal awards, which can be applied for directly, and institutional awards which should be applied for through the host institution.
- The Health Education England regionally funded Internship and Bridging Programme supports aspiring clinical academics to build on their previous academic training and develop proposals for pre-doctoral and post-doctoral fellowships. These are open to all non-medical health professions.
- The Health Foundation: The Health Foundation fund a number of fellowship programmes to support individuals to develop quality improvement and leadership skills.
- THIS Institute: Building on the improvement science programmes previously run by the Health Foundation, the programme offers fellows the opportunity to join a supported community of improvement researchers and develop their research leadership skills. Fellowships may be held at any UK university, and are available at three levels tailored to researchers’ specific career stage: PhD, Post-doctoral and Senior.
- Florence Nightingale Foundation: Research scholarships/internships and Leadership scholarships are available in the following practice related areas: the management of pain; the management of end of life care; and enhancing patient safety.
Please note this list is by no means exhaustive. Please contact ARCoffice@cpft.nhs.uk with any feedback about the contents of this page.