NIHR Research Professorships – Round 10 Now Open
The aim of the Research Professorship Award is to fund leaders in the early part of their careers to lead research for a fixed five year period, promote effective translation of research and to strengthen research leadership at the highest academic levels.
Support for the award includes:
- One doctoral and two post-doctoral appointments
- Research running costs, a travel fund, a leadership and development programme
- The opportunity to request a sabbatical and the basic salary costs of the individual, plus indirect costs, for the lead nominating body.
Who can apply?
This scheme is open to all professions and Higher Education Institutions (HEI), in partnership with NHS organisations, based in England only, to nominate health researchers and methodologists with an outstanding research record of clinical and applied health research and its effective translation for improved health.
- Candidates must have spent no more than five years at their current level of seniority at the time of application
- NIHR Senior Investigators are not eligible to apply
- Nominees should be working in the fields of experimental medicine, public health medicine, health services research or methodological research
Applications are open from 18 September 2019 and close at 1pm on 20 November 2019
To find out more, please click here