Cross-CLAHRC Care Homes Event – REGISTRATION OPEN UNTIL 17th JULY
Tuesday 23rd July 2019, 9.30am to 4.00pm
Strand Campus, Strand, London, WC2R 2LS
Drawing on the experiences of researchers, care home providers, commissioners, residents and their families/supporters to agree priorities for future research, this event will aim to foster a culture of research collaboration and implementation of best practice in care home settings.
The day will include:
- A brief overview of research priorities, themes and research relevant to Care Homes identified in the recent NIHR Applied Research Collaboration submissions and linked initiatives
- Breaking news of recently submitted and funded research
- A focus on research in the social care and the fit with health care led innovation in care homes: myths and common misconceptions
- Case studies of current research projects involving CLAHRCs working in and with care homes to support innovation and implementation
- Linking and working with existing care home collaborations and networks
- Opportunities to discuss and identify nascent collaborations for future work (see list below for suggested topics):
♦ staff development ♦ data integration ♦ technology ♦ frailty ♦ innovation ♦ outcome measures ♦ continence ♦ dementia care ♦ end of life care ♦ volunteering ♦ diversity ♦ quality improvement ♦ co-design methods ♦abuse and neglect ♦ infection
The programme can be downloaded here
Who is this Event For?
- Professionals working in residential care services including care workers, managers, and commissioners
- Residents and carers with experience of care home service provision who would like to be involved in shaping research
- CLAHRC Leads and researchers working in care homes research
To register your place, please click here
Registration will close at noon on the 17th July 2019.
Please note to ensure a balance of stakeholders and geographies are represented on the day, spaces may be reserved for specific stakeholder groups.
For any queries about registration or this event please contact CLAHRCoffice@cpft.nhs.uk