Getting Real About the National Commitment
10 March 2017
In July 2016 the Government made a new National Commitment on end of life care. This was the most comprehensive and significant policy announcement for palliative and end of life care since the 2008 strategy, and will affect work across end of life care.
Getting Real About the National Commitment is the first conference looking at this in detail. A mixture of keynote speakers and workshops will help you respond to the National Commitment both now and in the coming years.
This event will bring people with personal experience as well as practitioners and leaders in the field together to not only learn from each other but explore what you can do for people you care for and how. The outcome of the day will inform and shape the implementation to ensure that end of life care is embedded in all plans across the health and social care sector.
Who should attend?
- Anyone with an interest in improving end of life care at national and local level including:
- Commissioners and local decision-makers, including: STP CCG & HWB leads
- People working in service redesign and improvement
- Service providers across the NHS, Local Government and the voluntary sector
- People working in acute settings, primary and community care, care homes, housing and hospices
- Palliative and end of life care staff
- People with personal experience of end of life care
For more information please click here