Next steps for medical technologies, devices and diagnostics: access, regulation and funding
Morning, Thursday, 7th June 2018 Central London
With the Government announcing regulatory changes and new funding in its response to the Accelerated Access Review, this seminar will discuss the future for medical technologies, devices and diagnostics in England.
Delegates will consider priorities for improving access to technology following the announcement of an £86m package of funding, including a Pathway Transformation Fund to target barriers to adoption and help integration – and allocations for the Digital Health Technology Catalyst, and for Academic Health Science Networks to improve local adoption.
Overall, areas for discussion include:
- Key issues for health technology and opportunities for improving patient care;
- Priorities for research and collaboration: the role of Innovation Exchanges and Innovation National Networks;
- The regulatory landscape of health technologies post-Brexit and new routes to market;
- Case studies: the progress of the Innovation Accelerator and key findings from the NHS Innovation Test Beds; and
- Next steps for developing the role of technology in the NHS.
For more information and to book a place, please click here