Priorities for adult social care in England: funding, delivery and policy options
Afternoon, Thursday, 12th July 2018, Central London
Priorities for social care in England – looking at funding, delivery and policy options.
• With discussion on integrating social care with NHS services;
• Takes place in the context of indications from the Secretary of State that the social care green paper, due to be released by summer 2018, will include further integration across health and social care and the 10-year workforce strategy will now be joined-up, considering health and social care sectors together; and
• Speaking contribution from a senior speaker confirmed from Better Care Support Team.
Overall areas for discussion include:
• Developments since previous independent reviews and key issues for the new green paper;
• Challenges for funding social care – including allocation of resources, long-term sustainability and the impact of the precept on local services;
• Priorities for inspection and regulation of services, with CQC’s State of Care report highlighting variations in care;
• Collaboration and innovation in social care, including scaling up successful local care models;
• Progress on service redesign – looking at delivery, integrating social care with health and housing, and key issues for the workforce; and
• Next steps for social care reform.
A regularly updated agenda is available to download here.