Recovery: A paradigm shift in Mental Health – Public Health Master Class
Tuesday 22 May 2018, 1.30pm to 4pm (refreshments from 1pm)
Hutton Hall, University of Hertfordshire, College Lane Campus, Hatfield.
Mental Health recovery represents a paradigm shift from the medical model towards a more holistic approach of collaboration with the individual, based on the belief and considerable evidence of the strengths of people experiencing mental ill health and of adequate psychological and social support. The speakers at this Master Class will address the case for mediation in families, shared decision making as co-production in mental health interventions, working with hope and education as a part of personal and organisational change.
- Dr Audrey Campbell (Chair) – Principal Lecturer Mental Health, University of Hertfordshire
- Dr Naomi Hadas Lidor – Director of the School of Mental Health Rehabilitation, Ono College Israel
- Mr Rafik Hamaiza – Expert by Experience and Patient Leader
- Dorit Redlich Amirav – Occupational Therapist MSc, Senior Lecturer Ono College
- Prof. Shula Ramon – University of Hertfordshire
This event is being jointly delivered by Hertfordshire County Council and University of Hertfordshire.
For further information and to register, please see here (using password: publichealth123).