Research Celebration Event, Prevention of Ill Health and Disease
1st May (buffet lunch 12.30, talks start 1.25 finish approximately 5.15 pm); Jesus College, Cambridge
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (CP CCG) is hosting a free research celebration event, for which the overarching theme will be prevention of ill health and disease. The celebration event is targeted at people with a professional interest in primary care and public health research. There will be some time for networking during the afternoon.
Speakers include Professor Jonathan Mant, Professor Simon Griffin and Professor Christi Deaton from the Primary Care Unit, University of Cambridge and Professor Carol Brayne from the Department of Public Health & Primary Care, amongst others.
Research topics include:
- reducing the risk of dementia
- age friendly environments for the elderly
- diabetes prevention
- screening for atrial fibrillation
- identification of heart failure
- withdrawing hypertension medication in the elderly
- use of apps for behaviour change and improving treatment adherence
- risk prediction and early diagnosis of cancer.
If you would like to book a space please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a slot